1. Have you noticed I don’t have anything on my left-hand side yet for Finished Quilts of 2010? I have. And am sad. 😦
2. I hope to have some Finished Quilts of 2010 soon though! Must! Finish! Bindings!
3. I am serger shopping! I quite sadly sold my Texans’ PSLs. Boo. But it means I have a little money to play with and am looking at bottom-of-the-line sergers right now. On top of not having a lot of money to play with, I don’t sew enough clothes to justify an expensive model, but would still like to be able to serge. Any recommendations would be great!
4. A couple of TV shows really are helping Elena expand her vocabulary. She told me Sunday, in between bouts of stomach flu, that it, well, reeks. Why thank you Martha Speaks!
5. Sorry about talking about the stomach flu in the previous post. Hopefully nobody’s stomach turned.
6. Julia has decided that it is fun to yell out requests for a good hour, or two, after she is put to bed. Her requests? Oh no, not water. She already has that from the get-go. Instead she insists that we take out that play food that belongs in the play kitchen and not on her shelf, or that we put Elena’s pillow that she happily napped with back in Elena’s room where it belongs, or that we take out that wall clock that has been in there since birth because it is suddenly “mean”, etc etc.
7. In other news, we are considering letting Julia sleep in a room that has just the following in it: her bed.
8. Elena was shocked to learn that jelly does not come from jellyfish!
9. On a cold rainy day recently I was looking for an activity for the girls to do inside. So I put them in their bathing suits and threw them in the bathroom with a can of shaving cream. Last time we did this, they happily drew stuff all over the bathroom floor with the shaving cream and I cleaned up by mopping while they were in the bath. This time, they had other ideas:
10. The game ended pretty early this time because I couldn’t stop Julia from covering her ENTIRE face! She had watched Daddy shave since the last time we played this game and needed close supervision, to say the least! She was trying to give me heart attacks!
By the way, shaving cream does AWFUL things to the texture of hair! I couldn’t get a comb through the girls’ hair after washing up — needed to shampoo more than once!