I was going to do several posts yesterday on the remainder of my projects from my Spring to Finish challenge, but decided not to waste *all* my posts on one day! I don’t blog enough to do 4 posts in one day! So you can expect blog posts in the near future on these remaining projects.
My final tally: 10 on my list, and 10 DONE!!! WOOHOO!!
This challenge worked so well that I think I’m going to do a personal challenge and make another list of projects with another semi-tight deadline so that I can keep racking up the finishes!
As for now, let’s do a full check-in on my list to see exactly where I am.
1. Finish baby Pansies & Primroses quilt (needs binding). DONE. Just waiting for a baby to gift it to! Blogged here!
2. Finish *my* Pansies & Primroses quilt (needs binding). DONE. I’ve used it while watching TV several times now. Blogged here!
By the way, did you know some primroses in other parts of the nation are yellow??!? I had no clue! Learn something new every day.
3. Finish guitar Quilts for Kids quilt (made the top so far). DONE and mailed! Blogged here.
4. Finish love bug Quilts for Kids quilt (made the top so far). DONE and mailed! Blogged here.
5. Finish ruffle skirt for Elena (she made me buy fat quarters from Joann’s and fabric is poor quality and must not mix with my stash!) DONE. In fact, the first project that I finished. Blogged here.
6. Finish blue flannel baby quilt (made the top so far). DONE. Will blog soon! But admittedly doesn’t look very different than when it was just a top! 😉 Edited to add: Blogged here.
7. Finish my flannel string quilt (made the top so far). I searched for and found backing fabric for this quilt. I decided that since I had such an awful time trying to free-motion quilt some of my other quilts that I’m going to give this to my Mom (That Quilter) to quilt for me. I’m counting this as DONE for this challenge since I’ve found the backing and it’s packaged up to send to my Mom. I’ll probably wait to blog further on this until it is completely finished, binding and all.
8. Finish the snow man quilt top, goshdarnit, and get it to my mom for quilting! I must have it done for this Christmas!!! DONE!!!! YAY!!! Obviously very proud of this finish — it has been on my list for a LONG time. Will blog soon — it is also packaged up to send to my Mom for quilting as I anticipated.
9. Make Ariel nightgown for Elena. DONE. And Elena loves it! A blog post is already written, but I’ll let you read about it in another day or so. Edited to add: Blogged here.
She didn’t know what to do with her hands, so pretended to pray.
10. Make something? for Elena’s teachers at Mother’s Day Out. I’ll give myself an out and buy something if need be, but I’d like to find something to make them or for their kids. DONE, as blogged here just yesterday!
As reward, I said I’d allow myself to buy some fabric without guilt. Well, um, I might have already picked up a couple things while I was buying quilt backings, so I think I already rewarded myself. Oops!
Filed under: Children's Clothing, Crafting, Quilting, Spring to Finish | 4 Comments »