• Finished Quilts in 2010

    Click pictures for full details! Julia's Field of Blessings See Mom, I *Can* Make Snowmen in Texas! All Shook Up Pansies & Primroses Vintage Spring Vintage Baby A Bad Copy
  • Finished Quilts in 2009

    Click pictures for full details! Sunshine & Swimming Pools Loving Hands Boy Woogies Carina's Quilt Front Charity Quilt 1 Charity Quilt 2
  • Finished Quilts: Previous Years

    My sister's quilt Elena's Signature Quilt Cosmic Spiral Simona's Flower Garden ...And Everything Nice The Wool Quilt The Original Woogie
  • Finished Craft Projects

    Traveling Car Playmat Brown Bear Matching Cards
  • Finished Girls’ Dresses & Costumes

  • Quilt To Do List

    *Julia's "Baby" Quilt
    *Bethlehem Quilt
    *Kaffe Fassett String Quilt
    *Star Happy Batik Quilt
    *Red & Tan Single Wedding Ring Quilt (blocks made)
    *Batik Charm Square Quilt
    *Lingerie Quilt
    *Purple & Gold Mystery Quilt (just needs quilting!)
    *Eagle paper-pieced Quilt (@ half pieced)
  • Other Craft Project To Do List

    *Alphabet Matching Card Game
    *Apple/Pear Dress for Elena
    *Pillow Case Dress for Julia
    *Knit Dress for Elena (need to do post!)
    *Knit Shorts for Me
  • Advertisements

Another Finish

I have to admit that this quilt as a whole doesn’t excite me…at all, but I am *SO* happy with it just because I finally solved some of the free-motion quilting issues I’ve been having – YAY!


This quilt was made with two of my vintage sheets (1 for the squares on the front, 1 for the backing) and some solid pink.  I will be donating it, probably to my guild.  I don’t think I’ve donated a quilt to them yet this year although I have done the Quilts for Kids projects.

Quilted in the ditch and then with large hearts in the solid pink and meandering and hearts in the floral.

There is admittedly nothing spectacular about this quilting.  I really just wanted to do it to get some practice and to figure out why my thread just Kept. Breaking. Over. and. Over. Again. on the last few quilts I’ve tried doing.  (I seriously mean constantly breaking!  It was breaking every 2-3 inches!)  Turns out that having my thread stitch set to “0” wasn’t enough — I needed it set below zero.  And not a single thread break this entire quilt!  Same thread and needle as before, so problem should be solved!  WOOHOO!


Hopefully I can practice quilting a few more donation quilts and then try quilting a quilt that’s been pin-basted for a few years just waiting for me to get to it.

OH, and I also tried the machine-binding again on this quilt, and this time it came out quite well!  Nothing to be ashamed about this time, so I can donate the quilt with my head held high!

This quilt was part of my personal challenge and finished on time!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: