Just a quick update and a little sneak-peak.
As already shared, the top of Julia’s baptism quilt is DONE!
And now, the back with its label is also DONE! WooHoo! And I’ll just brag: the label is awesome! Here’s a sneak peak of it:
Hee! I love the back of this quilt just as much as I love the front! The stems do have flowers on them, and each flower is part of the label. It’s kind of like the label I did for Elena’s …And Everything Nice:
Since there is a lot of steam-a-seam and satin stitching on this label I’m hoping it doesn’t cause my Mom too much trouble. She should be visiting me next week and I’ll deliver the top & back to her then and then be demanding it back in just a short 3 weeks when I visit her so I can bind it and put it in the Austin Area Quilt Guild’s Show & Sale!
OH, and *thanks SO much* to a friend for that great blue batik on the back — she gave me 2 yards of it and it is Perfect! The green batik then is the 2 yards I bought for the border at a sale and that was just too bright and blotchy for the front. In true Project Runway fashion, I made it work…eventually!
Filed under: Quilting |