• Finished Quilts in 2010

    Click pictures for full details! Julia's Field of Blessings See Mom, I *Can* Make Snowmen in Texas! All Shook Up Pansies & Primroses Vintage Spring Vintage Baby A Bad Copy
  • Finished Quilts in 2009

    Click pictures for full details! Sunshine & Swimming Pools Loving Hands Boy Woogies Carina's Quilt Front Charity Quilt 1 Charity Quilt 2
  • Finished Quilts: Previous Years

    My sister's quilt Elena's Signature Quilt Cosmic Spiral Simona's Flower Garden ...And Everything Nice The Wool Quilt The Original Woogie
  • Finished Craft Projects

    Traveling Car Playmat Brown Bear Matching Cards
  • Finished Girls’ Dresses & Costumes

  • Quilt To Do List

    *Julia's "Baby" Quilt
    *Bethlehem Quilt
    *Kaffe Fassett String Quilt
    *Star Happy Batik Quilt
    *Red & Tan Single Wedding Ring Quilt (blocks made)
    *Batik Charm Square Quilt
    *Lingerie Quilt
    *Purple & Gold Mystery Quilt (just needs quilting!)
    *Eagle paper-pieced Quilt (@ half pieced)
  • Other Craft Project To Do List

    *Alphabet Matching Card Game
    *Apple/Pear Dress for Elena
    *Pillow Case Dress for Julia
    *Knit Dress for Elena (need to do post!)
    *Knit Shorts for Me

Bloomers!

Back in November 2008, I realized that Elena was going to soon grow out of one of my all-time fave dresses for her.

2008-11-12-4-1.jpg

I didn’t make this dress, but I did edit it some.  The straps were a rainbow ribbon and stood out unattractively.  Luckily, the bottoms of the strap were the pink/white polka dot, so I took the straps off, flipped them over,  sewed them back in, and voila!  Cuteness!

Anyway, I thought matching dresses for the girls would be super-cute, and I had found a similar smaller pink/white polka dot fabric at Joann’s.  And thus I made Julia her own dress and took the girls for some pictures:

2008-11-12-1.jpg

I didn’t finish the bloomers in time for the pictures, but I had them cut out.  What might not be immediately discernible is that Julia is SWIMMING in her dress.  It came out HUGE!  I don’t know if I measured wrong or what, but it didn’t work.  I had to bring clothes pins to hold the dress up on Julia, as you can see on Julia’s back in the below picture:

2008-11-12-2.jpg

(She wore the clothespin the whole time, but I remembered to have the photo studio “erase” it before printing the first picture.)

Since I knew the dress wouldn’t fit for a LONG time, there was no urgency to sew up the bloomers.  So there they hung, all cut-out and with their instructions, on my bulletin board, for a year-and-a-half.

But the dress *finally* fits Julia properly…

2010-07-29-03 cropped.jpg

…and it was time to sew up some bloomers!  My latest personal challenge forced me to get it down and done, and TADA!

2010-07-29-18.JPG

In sum, this project has been on my list since, oh, November 2008!  And it really was just a simple pair of bloomers!

But they’re done!

2010-07-29-08.JPG

By the way, the pattern for Julia’s dress is McCall’s M5084. I tried linking up to it, but it’s not on McCall’s website, so maybe it’s out of print?   I don’t really have any further review of the pattern and how easy/hard it was to make because I don’t remember!  But it did come out HUGE.  (Um, maybe that’s why it’s not on their website anymore??)  🙂  This baby pattern (I made size 1)  finally fits my daughter at 2.5 years old!

Advertisements

3 Responses

  1. so cute! and way to go finishing another UFO : )

  2. oh and can’t wait to hear how you did with the personal challenge this time around!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: