NOTE: I started this blog post 2 weeks ago and wasn’t going to put it up until I had pictures of my waiting-to-be-done projects. BUT, I haven’t gotten around to taking & uploading pictures, AND I’ve already finished 2 items off the list, so thought I better post it now!
I really did well for myself with the latest Spring to Finish challenge. I think it really helped to have a firm To Do list when I went into the sewing room so I wouldn’t just sit in there. Staring. And Thinking about ALL the things I could possibly be doing.
Seriously, I have been known to stare at my fabric for HOURS. It is beautiful!
And I know I have tons of To Do lists laying about. I have several on the left-hand side of this blog that have been largely ignored, and I have several hanging throughout my sewing room. Heck, I just found one list in a stack of papers labeled “Sewing To Do Fall 2008.” I was proud that most of it was done (yippee!) but of course not all (boo!).
So, here is my personal challenge. Finish this list of projects by August 1, 2010:
1. Framed hairbow holders for my own girls. (Yep, I was struck by giveaway-itis with the last one I made, and never made cute ones for my own girls!)
2. Father’s Day dresses for the girls. I have old dress shirts I’m going to make them dresses out of and take pictures of them. I like giving their Daddy cute pics of them for Father’s Day gifts. Obviously this needs to be done BEFORE August 1st, but still on the list!
3. Firefly dress for Julia.
4. Black/white/red dress for Elena.
5. Julia’s baptism signature quilt. This is in process form on my design wall currently.
6. Julia’s baby quilt. This project is a HUGE stretch. Doubt I’ll get it done in time, but I really need to do it since my baby is, um, almost 2 1/2 years old now.
7. GO IRISH Notre Dame T-shirt quilt.
8. Julia’s bloomers.
9. Floral vintage sheet quilt. Top already done. Will be a charity quilt.
10. Ice cream cone pretend food/pincushions.
And because I find it difficult to post without a picture, here’s one already on the computer of my girls in some drummond phlox, bluebonnets and other wildflowers back in April I think I neglected to share:
Filed under: Uncategorized |