1. Elena graduated from preschool last Thursday. I must admit when I heard there was a graduation ceremony I thought it was pretty dorky. But then I saw her beaming while she walked up the aisle in her cap & gown, and I got all teary-eyed.
2. Julia did *not* wake up last night screaming for Mommy! Not even once! Yes I know she’s 2, and night wakings should be a thing of the past, but for the last couple months she’s had this thing where she wakes up 3-5 times a night yelling at the top of her lungs for me. It wears me out — I feel like I have a newborn again!
3. I think she probably was just too tired to wake up and yell for me. She stayed up ’til when my husband and I returned from our anniversary night out (10 pm), and she has a bit of a cold right now.
4. This is what happens when you try pinning and sewing at 3:30 a.m. when your youngest daughter isn’t going back to sleep and you don’t feel like crawling back into bed just to shoot up with the screaming of “MOMMY!” yet again in 5 minutes time:
No, the snowmen are *not* supposed to be upside down to each other!
Lesson: don’t venture into the sewing room at 3:30 a.m.
5. Despite the above setback, my snowman top is done! It’s not being reported on my Spring to Finish list yet though because I still need to piece a back for it. Soon! I only have 2 weeks!
6. Tearing papers out of the top was fairly tedious. I thought I had really thin paper, but I think I need to find even thinner paper for my next foray into paper-piecing.
7. We took family pictures 2 weeks ago! Love them and can’t wait to see more! Check out our full sneak preview here at photosbybrandy.
SO much better than the normal photography featured on this site!
8. I dressed Julia the other day in this outfit:
She was SO EXCITED to be wearing “TINY BLUE PANTS!!!” Hee. I think I shall forever call “shorts” “tiny pants” from now on because that is just too funny.
9. As evidenced in the above picture, the girls’ favorite thing to do these days is to play with the roly-polies that have amassed about our house. I regularly have to check hands whenever we come inside or get into the car. Whenever I make her dump them, Julia plaintively cries “But WHY??!?!”
10. Since I haven’t posted much lately, I have a TON more to talk about but will leave it to another post. There’s a princess ball, teacher’s gifts that didn’t work out, and more!