1. My new niece was born, and is cute as a button! YAY!!! My sister lasted until 34 weeks – a week after breaking her water – and all the pain and suffering was just absolutely and completely worth it to welcome Morgan Elizabeth into the world!
2. Alright, I couldn’t be that mean. Here is a picture of our newest member of the family:
3. My sister is going home from the hospital today, without little Morgan. Ugh. Even though Morgan weighed in at 6 pounds, she’s still a preemie by 6-weeks and still in NICU although seems to be doing fine.
4. Elena is not satisfied with just pictures of her new cousin. She proclaimed today that “I want to see the REAL baby Morgan! NOT. JUST. PICTURES!”
5. Julia will not give up her ‘baby’ status to her cousin. I asked her today if she was my big girl. She said, “NO, Daddy’s baby!” Taken aback, I asked if she were *my* baby. Even more emphatically, “NO! DADDY’S BABY!”
6. I borrowed my mom’s circle cutter while in Houston and will have a new Valentine’s craft to show soon!
7. My mom handed over the circle cutter, yet made the point to tell me that she’s just lending it to me, *not* giving it to me. And not in the same fashion as she lent me her Pfaff sewing machine. That sewing machine? It has been in my possession for over 2 years now. Every once in a while I politely ask if she wants it back, but then make a point to tell her about all the sewing I’ve been doing with it lately. And thus it is still mine. 😛
8. I’ll have more sledding pictures to show eventually, but had to show that we went to the zoo again in Colorado. The bears were extremely playful, fighting like puppies and then one came in to the water and showed off with a ball and stick. He really was Right. There.
9. What cracks me up about this next picture is pretty obvious: Elena’s eyes! You can just see her thinking “O.M.G. That bear is Right.Here.Next.To.Me. And BIG.”
10. I took the obligatory picture in front of the bear statue, but the girls only cared about the snow. Julia kept picking up snow and then crying when it melted and thus was all gone. She was heartbroken when we drove off and she couldn’t get more snow when her snow inevitably melted yet again.
Filed under: Elena & Julia |