1. My first bullet was going to totally be about whether anyone was enjoying my Crafty Advent Calendar since I hadn’t had any feedback, but then cia had to go and ruin it by commenting yesterday! Ha! Anyway, I’m keeping going on the countdown, even if sporadically, because I’m enjoying the chronicle of the crafts!
2. We had Breakfast with Santa this past weekend. Elena loved him and talked to him FOREVER. Julia, well, you can see for yourself what Julia thought of the man:
The Santa was super-nice and I’m so glad we went.
3. After Breakfast with Santa, we headed down to Evergreen Farms and cut down our Christmas tree! Had a blast! We’ve had a fake tree for the last couple years, but it’s nice to have a real tree again.
4. Must admit that decorating a real tree is more difficult than the fake variety. I have to search for branches strong enough to hold my heavy ornaments.
5. The girls have broken at least 6 ornaments already. Superglue is my friend.
6. The girls have been banned from playing with the ornaments any more. I’ve always been fairly lax about them removing them and putting them back on, etc., but 6 was way too many casualties.
9. Yes,that’s as good as the snow got at our house. The girls still loved it, and Julia kept repeating “dank ooo Mommy!” I threw the girls outside, took 2 pictures, then ran inside and grabbed their jackets to dress them. By the time I returned, the snow was gone.
11. My trees for my snowman quilt had to be put away. I’m working on some sewing for Julia’s birthday, and only have a couple days to get to work. Ack! I’m thinking my Christmas quilts will not be getting done this season. boo!
Filed under: Elena & Julia |