1. I have set up all my inside Christmas decorations except for the Christmas tree. I know this doesn’t sound like much, but really, it is. I have a TON of decorations. TON. While putting them out, I realized how many handmade items I have. And I love them! But we have no Christmas party so only we get to enjoy them – boo!
SO, this year I’m going to *try* and post a new handmade decoration every day ’til Christmas. I think I have enough to do it. It is like my own crafty advent calendar!
And to start, here’s a crafty countdown, made by my Mom and given to me just a few days ago:
2. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I made and sliced up two pumpkin rolls for all 20 teachers at Elena’s Mother’s Day Out this year. I’d never made one before, and only had just enough for the teachers so just tried a teeny-tiny sliver. But that little piece was yummy, and doesn’t this big slice just look scrumptious?!
(Recipe was on back of Libby’s Pure Pumpkin can label.)
3. The Pocahontas costumes did not get made in time for Thanksgiving. They are all cut out though. Need to spend a couple hours and sew them up. Dress-up is a daily activity here, holiday or not.
4. Julia’s a picky eater. Her Thanksgiving feast consisted of one bite of cranberry and three rolls.
5. Elena loves food. Her Thanksgiving feast consisted of two helpings of turkey, 3 helpings of mashed potatoes and like 5 or 6 helpings of cranberry sauce. She did refuse the delicious stuffing, which OH MY, more for me!
6. I have not sewed in over a week. I’m getting stressed just thinking of what I need to do, and getting itchy to leave this computer and head on over to the sewing room. HELLO Joy in the New Year Challenge! HELLO Christmas gifts! HELLO Julia’s birthday gifts!
7. Julia says “dank ooo Mommy” and it is just adorable.
8. Elena’s Mother’s Day Out program is having a little Christmas play. I have to admit I’m sad that Elena wasn’t chosen for Mary. She is an angel instead, and I have to help her memorize her line: “Glad Tidings We Bring.” I have already had to explain what that means.
9. I also have to help Elena learn the songs. I am *so* excited to have an excuse to sing Christmas songs all day long for the next 10 days!
10. You know you’ve had a bad football season when of the 3 teams you cheer, 1 has already fired its head coach and another has fans calling for the firing of its head coach.