1. A bad way to wake up in the morning: You walk out into the living room and find a pile of kittie puke.
2. An even worse way to wake up in the morning: You do #1 above, and then make some exclamation of some sort about the kittie puke. Your 4-year-old then pipes up behind you as she follows you out of your bedroom “I KNOW Mommy! I didn’t see it because it was SO dark and stepped in it by accident! But it’s okay, Mommy; it came off when I climbed into your bed!”
3. Totally. true. story.
4. Elena’s favorite word is “Actually.” Since we’ve noticed it, I’ve actually noticed that I use that word a lot too. And I’m actually trying to stop.
5. I’ve been hitting up all the resale shops lately, doing my winter-clothing shopping for the girls. They always have cribs set up. Julia labels each one as a “nigh-nigh!” Awww….
6. The girls love Elmo. (and neither Elmo nor the girls have any sense of where the camera is!)
7. Elena is for some reason really questioning death and dying, etc etc. Nope, we don’t know anybody or anything that has died recently, but it is a favorite subject. She really wants to know “well who’s going to die first??” and has drilled me on “so is ____ going to die?? Is that butterfly going to die?? Is Daddy going to die??” I need help! SO, anyone know any good books for 4-year-olds? I’d love some recommendations. I would like to cover the religious side too – we are Catholic and want to teach heaven & God, etc. along with death in a kid-appropriate way.
8. Made 2 more tree blocks yesterday on my snowman quilt! 13 more to go!
9. A year ago I put away a little play tent. The girls weren’t playing with it much and it was in the way and driving me insane. I brought it out again today. ‘Twas like Christmas. An upside-down Christmas, that is:
10. My husband and my girls all crawled, roaring like lions, all the way to the girls’ bedrooms last night from our bedroom. Cracked. me. up.