1. Julia LOVES “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas. LOVES it. She’ll randomly start singing “Be..Night…Be…Night”: shorthand for “Tonight’s going to be a good night, tonight’s going to be a good good night.” My husband plays it for her in the car regularly, and she’s a dancing fool in her carseat.
2. I have been working on designing a quilt especially for Julia. Lots of decisions to make on the design, not just fabric. (Combining a couple different patterns into one.) Perhaps I’ll show off my very sophisticated graph paper stick drawings. Wish me luck!
3. Elena made a bunch of fake random phone calls the other day to try and get things her way. For example, she wants a friend to have a sleep over, and we said we’d have to talk to the girl’s parents. So she got out her (non-working) phone and called over there: “Hi ____’s Mommy! Yeah. Yeah. Can ___ have a sleepover? Oh good! Great!” Then to us: “Mommy and Daddy, I talked to her Mommy and she said Okay, so let’s have the sleepover now!”
4. Hit Joann’s Halloween fabric sale and have fabric to make the girls’ Pocahontas costumes. Thought I might have to finish those in time for Thanksgiving, ha!
5. Haven’t been able to find a Native American costume pattern I like. Might have to ad lib it.
6. We take a nightly walk to the mailboxes after dinner. Ever since Halloween, Julia expectantly says “Treats?!?” when she sees porch lights on. And “UhOh! No Treats!” when we pass a house without lights on.
7. Finally have the girls sleeping past 6 am for the first time today since the end of daylight saving time. Thank goodness!
8. Elena’s pretend games are getting so much more involved every day. Of course, we need to figure out how to play without destroying the house! (making her own pretend houses and the like.)
9. This weekend I started one of the two snowman quilts for which I have already bought the fabric.
10. Get the feeling my Sewing To Do list is out of control? It is.
And an extra just because I don’t like to post without a picture — here’s Julia doing on of her favorite things in the world: going down a slide.
(um, you’ll have to imagine it right-side up because, well, I suck.)