1. Julia said “love you” for the first time last week! Little stinker, though, it was to her Daddy instead of to me!
2. Elena will become instant best friends with any other girl wearing a princess costume. Lucky for her, we’ve been to a couple Halloween parties so far and there have been other Cinderellas at both.
3. Julia LOVES her little hoodie jacket. Me, not so much. Why? Because the hat falls off often, and she cries “AT! AT! AT!” until we get it back up on her head. And did I say it falls off often? Like when I’m driving, and she’s in the back?? And that she keeps. repeating. “AT! AT! AT!” until its back on??!
4. Last Tuesday, I told Elena at bedtime that the next day she’d get to go to gymnastics. She asked, very sincerely, “After gymnastics, Mommy, can we go get some clothes like all the other girls wear???” 😦 I’d been dressing her in shorts and shirts, but more and more of the girls have been showing up in leotards or dancewear. I didn’t know Elena noticed!
5. Yes, with my little hurt heart, I got the girls out of the house early on Wednesday and Elena had her dancewear BEFORE gymnastics. She was THRILLED.
6. Julia calls herself the baby ALL the time. I don’t think Elena was doing that so much at this age, but that’s probably because we were teaching Elena about the coming baby and calling her the Big Sister at the time.
7. The girls and my husband were with me in Houston for a couple days during Festival week. We planned a great fall day at the zoo. We *did* have a great day at the zoo, but not really “fall” unless you think a weather report of “feels like 100 degrees” is fall weather.
(The girls are in the prairie dog exhibit here, but somehow we never actually get pictures of the prairie dogs, so the girls just look like…visitors on an alien planet??)
8. We also ended up unexpectedly at the beach. We didn’t bring bathing suits, but the girls still had fun seeing the Gulf and shells!
9. I asked Elena what lived in the ocean, and she confidently exclaimed “Mermaids!!”
10. I’ll be showing off my Quilt Festival purchases soon! Yummy fabric!
Filed under: Elena & Julia |