So, in early May, I put my goal out there for 4 quilts, knowing 1 HAD to be done before the end of the month. The 3 others only needed binding, so I thought they maybe, might, could be doable. possibly?
Well, here we are with less than 24 hours left and I’ve definitely made progress!
Of course, the one that had to be finished is done and delivered:
I have also finished 2 charity quilts that were started a couple years ago:
These are the simplest of patterns – with 1 yard each of 3 separate fabrics you end up with 3 little quilts. (I gave the 3rd away as simply a top to a friend for her guild’s charity.) The finished size is just smaller than a yard of fabric.
I’ll be giving one of these quilts to my guild for their Baby Bundles project, and one to my Church for Project Gabriel.
The quilting on these was done by That Quilter. One has hearts throughout the quilting, and the other has these great flowers that match the floral fabric really well.
I must admit that one of the reasons these quilts were so fast to bind is because I did them completely by machine instead of handstitching the back down. I’ve never done that method before and wanted to try it out. It was definitely fast, but the results were messier than I’m used to. Don’t know if I will do it again, and definitely not for anything heirloom, but perhaps practice will improve.
Now I have 1 more quilt on my list I would LOVE to get done, but we’ll see. The binding is all machine-stitched down so now I just need a chance to do the hand-stitching. It’s a small quilt, so hopefully I can get it done tonight while watching TV with my husband and be able to report 4 done Monday morning. Wish me luck!
Filed under: Quilting |