1. WOW. If you ever want your blog stats to jump HIGH, be sure to win one of crazymomquilts’ giveaways! I think most quilters in blog land know her website, so suffice it to say I think we all enjoy it!
I don’t know if I will receive the dusty or the bright color story of the Robert Kaufman roll, but I’ll admit I’m hoping for the classic. Really, though, can’t go wrong with either and I can’t wait to play with one of them!
2. I recently also won a giveaway at Blue Nickel Studios – Yay! The Anna Maria Horner fabric has already integrated itself into my stash, and I can’t wait to use it. I enjoy Blue Nickel Studios’ blog simply because I’m amazed how he can get a stack of fabric and come up with a quilt idea for it SO quickly! These things sit on my shelves forever!
By the way, the giveaway made it so quickly into my stash I neglected to take a picture, so I borrowed a picture from BNS’s website. I won the top stack without the notepad:
3. I have been busy on Julia’s baptism signature quilt. I’ve decided to add some butterflies to the top, and am currently auditioning those butterflies:
Isn’t it cute?!?!?
4. For those of you who may doubt how many stuffed animals Julia sleeps with, this is her waking up yesterday morning with her entourage:
5. Sometimes the girls play with my camera. (It’s just a point and shoot.) I found this picture recently when I was downloading pictures. It cracks me up because (1) how the heck did Elena get in the cloth laundry hamper without it collapsing?? and (2) Julia took the picture! Gotta love the perspective!
6. My list of 10 projects to be completed by August 1st is going….slowly. I’ve really been stuck on the one quilt and haven’t wanted to move on from there until it is D.O.N.E.
7. I should have a lot of sewing time later this week, so I’m hoping to knock several things off that list! Wish me luck!
8. As some of you probably noticed in this post, Elena has a broken arm. She was jumping from a sofa chair in my bedroom to the bed and apparently landed poorly. The fairy wings she was wearing at the time were apparently defective.
9. It took us overnight to realize that yes, she really did break her arm. It didn’t bruise or swell or anything! She mainly just refused to use it. Luckily once we figured it out (a buckle fracture of both arm bones near the wrist), Elena really liked her bright pink cast and we didn’t have any problems with it. We paid extra to get it waterproofed (it was made of bubble wrap in the inside!) and so we still went swimming every other day.
Elena loves her sparkly shoes, all torn up or not. And really, I do try to get Julia to put her crocs on the correct feet, but sometimes, apparently, I miss it…
10. Well, we kind of sort of didn’t have any problems with it. She managed to bust it between the thumb and forefinger. Oops! SO, 2 weeks early, it was removed:
She is now wearing a splint for 3 more weeks. Oh, by the way, isn’t she very Little House on the Prairie in this picture? She saw something the other day and BEGGED me to “buy” her braids. Instead, I showed her how I could just do them.
And then she insisted on adding lots of Elena bling to them in the form of butterfly clips!