A typical photoshoot of my quilts: I lay them out on the ground, and they are immediately covered in girls! In fact, I just laid the quilts down in the living room to get their final measurements, and the girls are dancing on top of them, wearing princess clothes and singing.
When I chose 10 projects to try and finish within 6 weeks, these 2 were a given for the challenge — I *only* had to put on their bindings.
When I started these quilts, I simply wanted to make pink flowers on a green background using the pattern Charming Flowers from Simply Charming.
I must admit I was incredibly surprised when I finally put my first flowers together and they looked like…..pansies!
…and evening primroses!
I did the hard work on these last summer/fall — piecing the tops! Finishing them now for the challenge made for my easiest finishes on the list. The real difficulty right now – and why I haven’t shown them ’til now even though I finished them the 1st week of the challenge – was finding a field of primroses in which to take their picture! Hello! It’s wildflower season here in Austin and last year the drainage ditch next to us was FILLED with evening primroses. This year? Not so much.
These quilts have been traveling in my car trunk for the past 2 weeks, and I finally just put them in the best (small) patch of evening primroses I could find. I have adored these little flowers ever since Elena was a baby and her first spring I plopped her in a patch of them and came up with this cutie patootie picture:
Ahhhh, I digress!
The little quilt measures 34″x46″ and is up for grabs. I guess I’ll put it in my quilt room for a while and wait for some little one that needs some pansies and primroses in her life.
And of course thanks once again go to my mom for quilting these. I LOVE what she did. I love the leafy borders and the great details in the flowers, etc etc. Thanks!